Sunday, April 6, 2008

Friends

Everybody has a "best friend". In the dictionary, the word "best" means "above all others in worth or ability". The word "friend" means "person whom one is on good, and unusually, familiar terms". When you put the two words together, you have an incredibly special relationship with one person. I have been blessed with two best friends. One lives far away and the other lives very close. We have lived together, played together, laughed together, cried together. I love my two best friends more than my life, and I cherish their friendship. They just don't hear what I may have to say, but they listen. They have seen me at my worst and still love me, as well as my best, forever complimenting me. They don't judge me, no matter what I've said or done and when I am down, they always manage to lift me up. They're the only ones who can tell me to "straighten up" and not make me mad for telling me. We think so much alike that so many times, we say the exact same thing that is on our minds. It's like one mind in two bodies. Yesterday, I had a visit from my best friend from far away, and last night I played scrabble with my best friend who is close, so what better day could I have had. Two blessings in one day. I thank God for these two wonderful women who share an important part of my life. Here's to you, Annabelle and Donna. God bless you both and thank you for loving me. I love you.


Click on the "Friends" link to the left of this post.

3 comments:

Tam-e said...

Well, I would have to say that I have 3 best friends whom I love very much. First and foremost is my hubby! He has accepted me the way I am and I love spending time with him. I don't think I could ever get sick of spending time together and doing things together that we like.
My girlfriends that I have and I only have 2 that I would consider my best friends. Ones that stick beside you through thick and thin. You are right Vicki, they can tell you how it is and you don't mind a bit cuz you know it is the truth. They are always honest with you. I miss both of them tremendously. Neither of them live close to me. One lives in Worthington,OH and the other in the State of Arkansas. Although I don't get to see them often enough we do keep in touch and when we talk, we just pick up from where we left off. I love them and wouldn't trade their friendship for anything. Love you both Heather and Jazmin!

Vicki said...

I have a placque hanging in my kitchen that says, "Good Friends are like angels, you don't have to see them to know they are there" so even though your best friends are far away, you still know they are there for you. Grandpa always says "You can count your friends on one hand and still have fingers left". There are acquantances in abundance, but friends are few. So when we have a "best" friend, we should consider them a precious treasure.

Anonymous said...

I love you too! I can't tell you how much I needed that this morning. I have been so sick since I got home. I came to working hoping I would make it through the day. This is just what I needed. Thanks!