Ok, you don't have to feel sorry for me anymore. I got through the first day of school. I didn't do a darn thing all day but mope around. I did manage to pay bills. That was the extent of my day. Then 4:00 arrived and I was back in the groove. Supper once again in shifts and if you don't think that isn"t a task in itself, you need to think again. Especially for someone who absolutely hates to cook. In between the shifts of supper, I was taxi driver for my charges, coming and going, picking up and dropping off. In the midst of all this, my house was like grand central station, people in and out. My hero always joked he was going to put a "front desk" in the foyer with a sign in and out sheet, just so he knows who's here and who isn't. I don't need to look at a list, I always know. But, since he lives here, too, I guess he just wants to know for himself. I don't know why it matters, it's not like we do "fire drills" or anything like that. LOL. Anyway, there was homework and chats about the teachers that are liked and those that aren't. They all went downstairs to the shelves (notice that's plural) of supplies and got what they needed or wanted for each class. Braydon couldn't get over the fact that he doesn't have a recess. So already I'm hearing the familiar words, "It's not fair." I suppose going from elementary to intermediate WOULD be a traumatic transition.
Everyone had a good day, though. So day one was successful. Showers were done, clothes of choice laid out, book bags packed, prayers said and all were in bed by 10:30. I picked up, put away and made the coffee for this morning. Then I was in bed by 11:00. Routine back in the swing. I laid in bed and thought to myself, I must like the hype because I felt more in my normal element when they all got home at 4:00. I closed my eyes and thanked God for my blessings before falling off to sleep.
It's a good life.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY AT THE BOTTOM OF BLOG
No comments:
Post a Comment