Friday, May 2, 2008

Nothing To Do

It's Friday night and I'm bored. Never thought I'd hear myself say THAT. But, it's true. My three charges are all gone tonight, staying with Dad. It doesn't happen often. Usually, one, maybe two, will go with Mom or Dad, but all three of them are gone tonight. I did it to myself. When Dad called to tell me he was on his way from work, coming to get whoever was going with him, he made a comment that he'd hope they all would be with him tonight. Sigh, so big mouth me.....I passed that on to all three of them. Being the sympathetic creatures that they are, they all decided they would fulfill his wish. So, here I sit, nothing to do, nowhere to go and not liking it one bit. You'd think I'd be happy to have some relief, but I'm not. I'm bored, totally bored and missing my lil' chickadees. This happened once before, when they all went to Mohican State Park for the weekend. The first night they were gone, I was okay because I played Scrabble with my dearest friend until late. But then when Saturday came, I knew they weren't coming back until Sunday night and I started getting lonesome for them. But, right now, the love of my life is in bed, my lil' chickadees are gone and I'm not ready to go to bed. So, here I sit, feeling alone. Hmmm, think I'll go into Yahoo and beat the socks off someone I don't know playing backgammon. Don't feel sorry for me, I'll get over it. It's a rare moment...........believe me.

No comments: